Sunday, December 6, 2009

Fourth Post.

I performed in a play today. My first "acting" experience even though I didn't have any lines. Singing and dancing win? 

"In finding humility, we can find ourselves". 

This year, I've been going to school and doing espresso. Something I enjoy doing because even though it makes me have to be there every morning, and sometimes even at 5 every morning, I get to spend an hour and sometimes more just dancing in between periods to wait for break to clean the espresso up. As an aspiring dance major, dancing is the one thing in my life that I know I will always love. Plus, Chelsea (girl in picture) teaches me moves and helps me just chill and have a stress-free morning to start off my day.


After that morning, I respond to emails. I do more emailing than an average teenager texts in a day. As State President of FBLA, a big part of my job is doing behind-the-scenes work by making sure everyone's doing what they're supposed to. It gets stressful. 

Every Tuesday and Thursday, I volunteer at the Northshore Family Center to help with their Afterschool Connections program for kids between Kindergarten and 6th grade. The kids are amazing. I love them. It lasts from 3-6pm and is recklessly tiring. Sadly, my contract with them just ended, and they have stopped their program until January, their next season. It takes up a lot of time and energy and money (gas...) but I love the kids. I'll probably sign up again.

For the past few months, I've been having my first experiences with the world of theater. A while back ago, an old friend of mine saw me perform at my homecoming game's football halftime show. She had me come in a few times at the Performing Arts Center in my town and I got recruited last minute in to the theater show. It's been an amazing, stressful ride with these guys, but it's been worth it. We had our opening night show tonight, with a turnout of about 200 or so people. It was a blast. We have four more performances happening.

I finished my UW personal statement today too. I'm still trying to figure my post-high school life out, not to mention just my life in general.

I just finished watching Ink today. Not a big popular movie, but almost indie-seeming, kinda like Wristcutters: A Love Story. Ink has become one of my all-time favorite movies.

You know, things get stressful. Things pack up and bunch up and then all of a sudden your closet door opens and everything spills out on top of you. Sometimes it can happen on of your good days, and you can just laugh about it and put everything back in. But sometimes it can happen on one of your bad days, and instead of standing back up, lying down and just crying is the end result. 

In the end, both are on the same scale of "goodness" in my opinion. In both situations, everything you've kept in have finally been able to come out. The one thing you need to realize though, is that each time you put things in, the more space its going to take because of the fact that the more times you have to stuff it in, the more tedious its going to be. Try taking things out one by one instead, next time just try to pack things together.


Life gets hard. It gets tough. There are a lot of people out there that just want to push you down, kick your gut, and laugh harder at every tear that falls. But realize, there will ALWAYS be people there desperately reaching their hand out to you. Sometimes, we forget about them. But realize, some of those people, regardless of being forgotten or not, will cry harder than you, fight harder than you, and becoming even more frustrated than you. Why? Because you're somebody to them. And they're the type of people to give their life to you.


Don't forget those people; be one of them one day.
☮♥

No comments: